I went. I saw. But i did not conquer... (Apology to Caesar, for the changes).
Read on...to get it....
I was happy when one of my friend told me that, there was a national book fair in the city. I had decided, come what may i would visit the fair and pick some good reads. And so i did go... but did not complete my own commitment :-(
Do i need to mention a national book fair would mean books showcased from all the genres, you and i could think!!
I did pick some books, which were in my wish list. But what i did was i didn't actually buy them. I kept them back in the shelf at the stall. I was wondering, why was i not feeling to buy and rejoice when i was so closed to them, and dying to have them.
Lately, i have been buying books at online shopping site, which has descent service, quick delivery and great discounts.I had never tried it before few months. I feel good to browse through various categories, being struck by a title, reading reviews for it, putting in the cart (read: clicking and selecting), and then paying online, then waiting for the book and getting the book at doorstep within the shortest possible time. This makes me feel like "i am blessed". For some it may sound foolish!!! But i don't care....
So may be today when i had a chance to have the 'touch effect', 'go through effect', i didn't feel 'that' blessed.
So at last i just picked one book, TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD by HARPER LEE and found the way to exit.
P.S.: I ended up paying 30 bucks more than what i would have paid online.
No comments:
Post a Comment