What magic can media create!!! What amazing effect can word-of-mouth create! Hold on...i ain't speaking about any new fairness cream or anti-aging cream!!!
I am talking about the hot issues these days, the CWG games and AYODHYA-BABRI verdict. CWG is almost on the track, after the media is 'praising' the full-on preparations and optimism about great games to be witnessed.(Now KALMADI and team would be getting a better sleep ;-)). And AYODHYA-BABRI is ofcourse hot all time...(Made more hot ahead of elections).
24th September was the D-day for the RAM & RAHIM. All the nation was heated up. The state-government of all the states, police forces, rapid action force, and other forces were ready to 'face it'. Even we were doing our warm-up. Its not about being pessimistic, about the verdict and forming a prejudice that there might be some mishap after the verdict, but its something we have experienced during the last decade. So we discussed that we would buy all the essential items like milk, vegetables etc. in large quantities and store them.(The second fear was high soaring prices)
And why only we, our maid, who is called 'AMMA'('अम्मा'), aged above 80 also knew that there was something about RAM and ALLAH. She said, "दीदी, कल कुछ दंगे होने वाले है क्या?" (Will there be riots tomorrow?). I said, (sounding optimistic), " की अम्मा कुछ नहीं होगा, आप चिंता मत करो".(Nothing will happen, don't worry)
Another maid, said rebelliously "दीदी मैं तो नहीं आउंगी, कुछ हो गया तो".(I will not come, if something happens!). I tried to make her understand (She understood my ulterior motive, that i wanted her to come and do the work) and sounding more rebellious she said that the area where she lives is sensitive. I was defeated. A management student could not negotiate.( I will ask her for classes on negotiation)
The point i want to make is, media and word-of-mouth. The people who never went to school, do not know how to read and write, know whats happening around, and most important retain it! Isn't this something the marketers can leverage on? Think about it!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment