Sunday, May 31, 2020

Something from the old drafts

MY TRYST WITH THE AUDIOBOOKS

draft dated 

As I have mentioned in my bio I’m a very embryonic reader. I have read few books and I still read, but I’m far away from something called a voracious reader. Lately I have committed myself to be a consistent reader (someone who reads everyday come what may) and set reading goals and achieve them.
I have so far been successful in doing so. If not a paperback, I atleast login to my Kindle and read during lunchtime at the office. This has not only served the purpose of reading but also is great stress reliever break.
Audio books are very popular among readers worldwide. For me it was a new concept. I haven’t had a chance of getting an experience of an audio book. Recently I have had one such experience. I downloaded and ‘read’ ( read listened) the book ‘The Scion of Ikshvaku’.
I would say audible books are a boon to people who have a very busy schedule but still want to be in touch with reading, and want to know the contents of the book. Even thought it doesnt give the ‘tangible’ effect of the book, I think audible books work fine when it comes to self help books or narration kind of books.
Whatever be the format, books (reading) are something which help all your senses and so go ahead and make 2019, a year of reading!!!
...Reminiscing from old memories

No comments:

Post a Comment